I am a big fan of crockpot (slow cooker) recipes. Two nights per week I am working during dinner so I love to get dinner going in the crockpot in the morning and then voila! it’s ready to go in the evening.
This is a recipe from Hallelujah Acres which I have altered slightly. What I love about this recipe is that it is super easy – literally dump all the ingredients into the crockpot – boom done. And I also love that I can use whatever veggies are in my fridge that need to be eaten before they go bad. It is also a recipe that my kids love because I can adjust the vegetables I use to their liking. This stew is really good by itself or over brown rice. I hope you enjoy it!
- one onion sliced or chopped
- 1 large baking potato cut into 1/2″ chunks
- 6-7 cups of cut up vegetables – here is where you can clean out your fridge – some suggestions are: green beans, cauliflower, eggplant, carrots, zucchini, bell peppers, celery – whatever your family likes
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 28 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 6 oz or more of tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (optional)
- Mix ingredients in a crockpot
- Cook on high for 4 hours or all day on low (or until veggies are tender)